The Klaytn Foundation is committed to ensuring that personal data is protected and managed in accordance with Singapore laws, international good practice and individuals’ rights. We collect and use personal data in order to help us offer individuals appropriate information on our programmes and initiatives.
This website may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help to customise the site for visitors.Personal data cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology. However, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Act establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. The Klaytn Foundation recognises that the privacy of your personal data is important to you. The Klaytn Foundation is committed to treating all personal data with due confidentiality, in accordance with the relevant data protection laws of Singapore.
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records, as may be updated from time to time.
Collection, Usage and Disclosure of Personal Data
When asking for your personal data, the Klaytn Foundation is committed to the following:
- Explaining why we need personal data and only asking for the information we need
- Protecting the data we are given and making sure that only those who need access are able to do so
- Only sharing the data within the Klaytn Foundation and with other organizations where such sharing is necessary and where we have your consent
The Klaytn Foundation collects your personal data in the following ways:
- When you sign in on our websites
- When you subscribe to our newsletters or magazine
- When you participate in our marketing campaigns, events and programmes
- When you register for our events or programmes
- When you submit your resume for job applications
- When you contact us to share your stories
- When you provide us with your name cards at events, campaigns and meetings
Distribution of Personal Data
The Klaytn Foundation may share personal data with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. The Klaytn Foundation may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The personal data is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
The Klaytn Foundation may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact you for programs which you have signed up for
- To inform you about program updates and invite you to the Klaytn Foundation’s events
- To respond to enquiries pertaining to our programs
- To respond to your job application
- To send a magazine which you have subscribed to
The Klaytn Foundation may use your photographs and videos for the Klaytn Foundation’s publicity and outreach efforts on the Klaytn Foundation’s communications platforms.
The Klaytn Foundation will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
The Klaytn Foundation will not offer or share your personal data with third parties outside of the foundation for commercial purposes, without seeking your consent.
The Klaytn Foundation will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless requested by relevant government or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority.
Upon your consent, the Klaytn Foundation may disclose your personal data with the public to introduce your projects and teams. The Klaytn Foundation may share personal data with government agencies or other companies assisting the Klaytn Foundation in fraud prevention or investigation. The Klaytn Foundation may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorised transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are protected with security technologies.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
In the event that we transfer your personal data to agencies outside of Singapore for any of the afore-mentioned usage and disclosure, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). To ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- Have any question or feedback relating to your personal data or our Data Protection Policy;
- Would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your personal data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- Would like to obtain access and make corrections to your personal data records
Effect of Notice and Changes to Notice